Pediatric dentists specialize in the dental health of children, from infants to teenagers. Pediatric dentists understand the unique mouth structure and dental needs of children and how their care differs from that of adults.
Visiting a pediatric dentist is important for a child's overall oral health including regular teeth cleaning, polishing and fluoride treatments. However, pediatric dentists do much more than this...
• Your pediatric dentist can apply sealants to protect your child's teeth from tooth decay.
• Your pediatric dentist can monitor your child's oral development and can address concerns before they become bigger problems.
• Your pediatric dentist can help you select and fabricate a mouth guard to prevent
sports injuries to the face and teeth.
• Your pediatric dentist can provide early diagnosis of orthodontic problems
• Your pediatric dentist is uniquely trained to develop a combination of office and home preventive care to ensure a happy and healthy smile!
• Your pediatric dentist can facilitate dental care with sedation or treatment in a hospital setting